SEQ-UFD is a fuly & small ( 18HP ) 8 step sequencer based on Arduino.
Since 06.03.2017 it has a second mode: Complex clock divider or simple drum sequencer. To activate this mode simply update it with the FTDI programmer and start the module with the knob tempo full clockwise.
To begin with, why this name: SEQ-UFD ?
Ok, I think “SEQ” it’s obvious, but “UFD” ? no idea ?
This means absolutely nothing! Maybe you can found something but the only way is a pun in French.
In French, SEQ-UFD is pronounced the same way as C.Q.F.D (cé. cu. èf. dé )
C.Q.F.D: “Ce qu’il fallait démontrer” -> This was to be demonstrated. Voilà!
- Number of steps selector controled by knob
- Multimode controlled by knob or CV
- Internal or external clock ( internal: 20 to 2500 ms )
- Trigger output: ideal for EG (70 ms)
- External clock input + reset steps input
- 8 separated gated output ( like Doepfer A-161 clock sequencer )
- 8 steps with voltage controled by knob
- CV outpout with range controled by knob
List of features in MODE 1 (sequencer):
- Step selector (hold step) (1 to 8)
- Forward routine ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- Backward routine ( 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 )
- Forward-backward routine ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
- Crab routine based on the first step ( 1->2, 1->3, 1->4, 1,->5, 1->6, 1->7, 1->8 )
- Z (zed) routine ( 1->5, 2->6, 3->7, 4->8 )
(NEW) List of features in MODE 2 (clock div):
- Each 8 step become a clock divider
- Each 8 gate output become a trigger outpout
- Work with internal or external clock
- Clock can be divided by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Mode 2 demo:
Like the Ardurack, the developing philosopy of the SEQ-UFD started from one constraint: The Arduino ProMini board based on the Atmega328p microcontroller. The idea is to extract all good working signal from this chip for the eurorack world. This chip only provides digital signal or square waves. Therefore every output mode is based on square wave / pulse / triggers / gates.
An ideal context for making a sequencer!
Always like the Ardurack, you may upgrade or downgrade it’s hardware or firmware! It is possible to re-programm it with the Arduino environement and an FTDI adapter. You buy the hardware, the assembly and the developping, the rest is up to you!
- The ability to chain up to 4-SEQ UFD (32 steps) with a sequential switch unit. Stay tuned !
- DIY full kit version
- Format – Eurorack
- Power consumption – 30mA /+12V
- Latency – 3-5ms
- Module width – 18HP (90mm)
- Module depth – 40mm (Skiff firendly)
- Weight – 215g